With this new reference in the field of Integrated management of ground water resources (IMWR) using remote sensing, GIS and modeling, Antea Group is able to offer to its customers a relevant and completely new approach specially applied to regions where water resources are poorly assessed. Antea Group can provide tools combining recent geomatic technologies with modeling solutions either at small or large geographic scales (local and regional levels). Antea can mobilize a team of experts with various technical expertise: hydrologists, hydrogeologists, socio-economists, database experts, remonte-sensing and GIS specialists, hydrogeologist-modelers, and water resources management experts.
- Integrated water resources management of Iullemeden-Taoudeni/Tanezrouft aquifer systems and the Niger River (2.5 million km² extension)
- Strategic water resources shared among several states (Algeria, Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria)
- Common catchment basins
- Trans-boundary aquifer systems (Iullemeden-Taoudeni/Tanezrouft aquifer systems)
- Resources often poorly known with scattered data and poor data accuracy
- Resources threatened by increasing uses: Water demand, climate variability, quality degradation due to pollution from various sources, very deep noncash and sometimes mineralized water.
- Assessment of aquifer recharge over a wide area.
Innovation and results:
In this project we offered an innovative approach combining various disciplines: